Vision / Mission
Love to Learn & Learn to Love
To nurture innovative pupils of exemplary character with a love for learning.
Key Programmes / Activities
Tao Nan School believes that every Taonanite must be individuals who possess a sound set of values. Thus, we plan programmes which allow our students to comprehend and display positive character and citizenship traits.
Our key drivers for Character & Citizenship Education are the
- Values Education Curriculum
- Values-in-Action Programme
- National Education Programme
- Eco-stewardship Programme
These are aligned to the Character & Citizenship Education curriculum and each is customised to meet the diverse needs of our students. Our specially crafted activities fill the students with a sense of confidence and pave their way to becoming concerned citizens who are active contributors to the community and nation.
Values Education Curriculum
We believe that values are both caught and taught. Thus, our programmes are anchored on our school core values and taught using explicit and implicit approaches.
- CCE Human Stories initiative, Assembly Talks & Level-based Lessons
- Growth Mindset
- Termly Star Pupil Award
Values-in-Action (VIA) Programme
Values in Action (VIA) is a Key Student Development Experience that aims to nurture socially responsible citizens who contribute meaningfully to the community, through the learning and application of values, knowledge and skills. In alignment with our school Vision, ‘Love to Learn & Learn to Love’, our progressive six-year level-based programme leverages the design thinking approach to support students’ acquisition and practice of the school values in a real-life setting, deepens their sense of belonging to Singapore, and engenders student ownership and initiative. To deepen student learning and invoke active citizenry, students reflect on their lived experiences, ruminate how they have put into practice the school values and explore and how they can continue to contribute meaningfully to the school and community moving forward.
|Values in Action Programmes
|Games Day cum Jumble Sale
National Education (NE)
As a significant aspect of Character and Citizenship Education (CCE), NE comprises a wide range of school efforts that aims to:
- Provide our students with the knowledge, skills and values to understand Singapore’s history, realities and challenges unique to our nation, appreciate our journey to nationhood, cultivate the instincts for survival as a nation, and have confidence in our nation’s future.
- Be empowering and aspirational, allowing for individual sense-making, to nurture engaged citizens, who are socially aware, adept at critical thinking, and informed about local, regional and global issues.
- Help our students experience and explore their national identity as Singaporeans and foster a strong sense of belonging, reality, and hope which motivates our students to play a contributory role in their immediate communities and in the nation while they seek to achieve their personal life goals.
- Total Defence Day, International Friendship Day, Racial Harmony Day, National Day (NE Core Events)
- P1 to P6 Social Studies/Cohort Learning Journeys
- P5 NE Show
- CCA Collaboration with Partner Schools
- Celebrations of Festivals
- NE Ambassador Programme
We aim to inculcate in our students the right values, attitudes and habits to ensure environmental sustainability. Thus, our Eco Stewardship Programme is undertaken holistically through the 4Cs:
- Green OK Award
- Green Activist Programme
- Conservation Awareness Day